Open Bible Churches originated from two revival movements: Bible Standard Conference, founded in Eugene, Oregon, in 1919, and Open Bible Evangilistic Association, founded in Des Moines, IA, in 1932. Similar in doctrine and structure, the two groups amalgamated in 1935 as "Open Bible Standard Churches" with the National office located in Des Moines.
Roots of the parent groups reach back to the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in 1906 at the Azusa Street Mission in Los Angeles, CA and to the full gospel movement in the midwest. Both were organized under the impetus of Pentecostal Revival. Simple faith, emphasis on prayer, evangelism, international missions, and free fellowship with other groups characterized - and still characterizes - the growing organization.
For further information please visit the website of Open Bible Churches by going to www.openbible.org or click here.